Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday Night Giggles

Don't we all need a little laugh before heading back to work?

On Friday, I heard the girls sitting next to my desk talking about one of them being single. She said she was going to be alone forever. I told her I thought she'd be fine. The other girl said "Well, honey boo-boo's mom has a boyfriend and she doesn't, so....." 
So much wisdom, so few years. 
In case you live in a cave:

Honey Boo-Boo


We also had a school talent show on Friday. My personal favorite was the trio performing "Thrift Shop". Picture one kid rapping in an argyle sweater (he was actually really fabulous), a kid busting beats on his trumpet and one hype man. And don't worry, no profanity around here. "This is flippin' awesome" 

Thrift Shop

I was also pretty into my student who wrote this weird rap about all of the teachers but in trying to rhyme her lines, just made up weird sentences about everyone. Mine was  "looks like a bunny". Also, in between each line she would say "yo, yo, yo, yo". And I'm using the term "rapping" in a VERY loose way here. The best part was that following that performance, every student in my classes felt the need to let me know if they really thought I looked like a bunny or not. Right when one kid walked in he stared at me and then said "You know, I've never really thought about it before, but you DO look like a bunny". On a side note, he also came to class wearing a polo, v-neck cardigan and slacks. He had a band concert but instead just kept telling everyone it was "formal Friday". 


No comments:

Post a Comment