Thursday, March 7, 2013

My student who always writes something about himself on the board and signs my name came up with a new one today. Today, he was "magical".

We are reading To Kill a Mockingbird in class and are just in the middle of the trial. We were talking about how Tom Robinson only has use of one arm and I heard a kid say "Well, you can't really take someone's clothes off with one arm" and another kid said "I think it depends on the kind of clothes..." I told them we were NOT going down that road.

In the middle of the presentation from the high school counselor I had to tell not 1, but 2 students to stop playing with scissors. One of them was literally scraping his face with them. I didn't realize I'd have to take scissors away from 8th graders so often.

The counselor from the high school was talking about all of the graduation requirements and the tests you have to pass and how if you don't pass a class you have to go to summer school, etc. The looks on some of their faces were truly amazing. Of course, the kids who looked the most terrified are going to be totally fine and already have all A's and the ones who looked like they were staring into the sun should probably be freaking out since they never turn in any of their work. Hopefully they'll figure it out...



No comments:

Post a Comment