Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Kids be Crazy.

No. Just, no. 

Sorry kids, but sometimes I don't want to hear it and I don't want to be a part of it. 

"Will you smell my hands?" No, no I will not. Not even if you tell me they smell like candy cane hand sanitizer. 

"Do you want to hear an interesting fact about seaweed?". Not really, since all of your facts take at least 5 minutes to explain. Another kid did want to hear it and I overheard him giving a weird monologue about how only some types of people in the world can digest seaweed. Don't worry, it had absolutely nothing to do with what we were doing in class. 

"Can I go to my locker? I'm having a lady issue." Needless to say, I did not need specifics. 


Online Discussion Board Lovelies.

The kids are participating in an activity in which they have created a character who is a child laborer during the industrial revolution or are factory owners. After their first day of "work" in the factory yesterday, I asked them to answer some questions on our online discussion board. 

This student is super into her boss, but not into spelling: "YOU ARE THE BOSS! take thet literaliy and fiogurtalie!"


 I was kind of impressed when I saw this symbol: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)    because I don't know how they made it. At least, I was impressed until I saw it more than once. 19 more times to be exact. And then I saw what this kid posted. He's clearly a real overachiever:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This student is one of the factory owners. Here, he explains how he treats his employees: "Yes they need to make me laugh and act their age not their shoe size."

Sometimes, I'm really just speechless. Apparently this kid feels the same way: "yay fjoewfhbsdhefhweiufhsduhfhydsudihdwuhjrgfjhshedfkherjkfhweriu9d8fujweroifkghejrgwikfjgdoifjdwucfhfiu9gdajguiodshtrfpubhdsfudhfgihuesbnfi0xcoizfp-isdfioehtugfiijew[oifu[fgo9wir-tgu89wrhy-fgt879w7hyre-tpuwea5uhqg-p3ui4hyg5bqh45hq1-[58yhuq1-8e47tr-[58hyu="

Although, in his defense, he also posted this: "i am not getting paid enough to support myself i need at least 3 per car. the hours are brutal, there is at least 1 accident per day, the markers are still red with blood." 

I'm pretty into his mildly dramatic account of the day. 

Cheating: Not for the Faint of Heart

Dear 8th Graders, 
I hate to tell you this, but your writing does not sound like adult writing. So yes, when you copy and paste from the internet, I will find out. And I will bust you. And your parents will bust you. And it will stink. I'll fill you in on a little secret. The way that you googled the title of your book to copy and paste information for your book report is the same way that I found out that you didn't write a single word of your book report. And no, I don't really believe you when you say you "didn't realize you did it". Google and I are on to you. You've been warned. 
Sincerely,
Your Teacher




No comments:

Post a Comment