Thursday, May 23, 2013

Little Gems

"Miss G, can I have a picture of you? I want to show Santa what I want for Christmas"

I was waiting for the class to be quiet when one kid screamed at another "SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" I said that was rather aggressive and unnecessary and another kid piped up with "GENTLY shut your mouth". 

Zip up hoodie came in today with a mask he made out of duct tape and a string. It was kind of fabulous. He told me I could have my own pair for the low cost of "free ninety free". 
He also told me "The best kind of people aren't hoarders but like, people with a lot of junk in their yard". 

We had some rough times at our track meet today...
One girl was really worried about doing hurdles for the first time. She heard the starting gun, but didn't hear it go off again, indicating a false start. She kept running, as in, she ran over every hurdle to the finish line before I could get to her to stop... It was really painful to watch but I was proud of her for overcoming it and completing the rest of her events later. 

During one of the relays, I was at the 1st hand off zone. Two of our kids were there, waiting for their teammate. We saw the kids coming around the corner and I counted 3 of our jerseys...I thought I had missed a kid or something but then realized one of the girls looked suuuuper confused as she held out a baton for...nobody. She awkwardly held it and kept running. Later, I saw the missing member of their relay looking real confused and wandering around. Apparently she didn't get the memo that their race had started? Claaaassic middle school sporting event fiasco. 


No comments:

Post a Comment