Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fast Track to Crazy Town

The kids have started their presentations on the decades that they researched. We've had some real comedy gems.

Today a girl was really taking charge of the class during her presentation. She was telling people to listen and giving directions. I asked her if she wanted to be a teacher. She clasped her hands together and said "I like power".

Another student started singing, who knows why, and a girl said to him "Nobody wants the windows broken".

It was the birthday of a girl in class. One of the boys walked over to her, patted her on the back and handed her a jolly rancher that he mysteriously had in his pocket. Later, she was pointing for him to go somewhere and when he walked by her, he creepily pretended to kiss her hand. The best part was that she didn't even notice.

This same kid said something smart and I said he was a genius. His name starts with a D and another kid yelled out, "He's a Denius!"

He also correctly answered a question during a group Jeopardy, but when I pointed out it was because someone else gave him the answer, he got down on his knees, put his hands in the air and yelled "rain on me!"

A kid was playing Elvis in their group music video. Apparently he didn't actually watch any of Elvis' dance moves, because I don't recall ever seeing Elvis do booty popping...

In this same music video, one girl was getting super irritated with the girl she was swing dancing with. She had a hard time remembering that because I was recording, it was picking up every time she yelled at the other girl to "keep dancing!" I did manage to move the camera the time she fell down in the middle of their dance. It was amazing.

One of the Jeopardy questions a group asked was about JFK's vice president.  The best answer: "Sarah Palin". Thankfully my students have a pretty fabulous sense of humor.

All of a sudden, some of the boys in my class are really into the lotion on my desk. I was commenting on how the girls have never touched it, but the boys are really into smelling fresh. One boy was rubbing it on his elbows because they were dry and we were laughing about how girls aren't into men with ashy elbows. Another boy was putting lotion on his arms and said "the secret to a good relationship".

No comments:

Post a Comment