Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Little This, A Little That

Today I overheard this:
"Oh, you can also use this as a boner. You know what a boner is, right?"
She was waving around a staple remover. 
I finally asked her what she was talking about and she started explaining something about using it to flatten down papers. Yeah, it didn't make any sense to me either. I just stopped her and said she may want to make a different word choice. 

The other day I looked at the board and it said "_______ is my hero" and was signed with my name. I know who did it, since he wrote his own name as my hero. 

The boys with the tech decks just couldn't get it through their heads that I didn't want to see them anymore. The other day I took them and taped them to the white board. They haven't brought them since. 

One of the tech deck boys raised his hand in the middle of class yesterday. We were TRYING to talk about WWI. He asked me if I was going to have kids and I said I didn't know and asked why he was asking me that in the middle of class. He said "I just want to be sort of like their best friend or uncle? I mean, I just really want to be important to their life. Like, you could name them after me if you want." Ummm, thanks? 

We were on the bus on the way home from our last basketball game (after a 100% defeated season) and I was talking to the other coach about how our girls were so positive, even though all of us lost every game. Right after I said it, we could hear them from the back of the bus chanting "we're number 2!!". When they got off the bus they said "We are going to be SO good next year!". I just love those crazies. 

I asked one of my students what would be on his dating profile when he was older. He said "That I'm 6 feet tall, 250 pounds and I LOVE cats." He's got a ways to go on the first two. 


No comments:

Post a Comment